NEW- National Professional Qualifications
Newly Reformed NPQ provision – launching November 2021.
Lambeth Training Support Alliance are working in partnership with Education Development Trust (Lead Provider on both the Early Career Framework and new National Professional Qualifications programmes).
We are offering an evidence-based and highly impactful professional development pathway for teachers and leaders at all levels, which will make a tangible impact on classroom practice, school culture and pupil outcomes.
Framework and Course Structure: Specialist & Leadership
Below is an overview of the framework for the specialist and leadership NPQs.
The specialist NPQs include: Leading Teaching, Leading Teacher Development, and Leading Behaviour and Culture.
The leadership NPQs include: Senior Leadership, Headship, and Executive Leadership.
Deciding which NPQ is right for you
Please see the below information, taken from the Content Frameworks produced by Department for Education, which you may find useful in deciding which NPQ is the right choice for you:
- National Professional Qualification for Leading Teacher Development (NPQLTD) – for teachers who have, or are aspiring to have, responsibilities for leading the development of other teachers in their school. They may have responsibilities for the development of all teachers across a school or specifically trainees or teachers who are early in their career.
- National Professional Qualification for Leading Behaviour and Culture (NPQLBC) – for teachers who have, or are aspiring to have, responsibilities for leading behaviour and/or supporting pupil wellbeing in their school.
- National Professional Qualification for Leading Teaching (NPQLT) – for teachers who have, or are aspiring to have, responsibilities for leading teaching in a subject, year group, key stage or phase.
- National Professional Qualification for Senior Leadership (NPQSL) – for school leaders who are, or are aspiring to be, a senior leader with cross-school responsibilities.
- National Professional Qualification for Headship (NPQH) – for school leaders who are, or are aspiring to be, a head teacher or head of school with responsibility for leading a school.
There is also an additional support offer available for new headteachers and those that have/are/will be engaging in an NPQH. It is called the New Headteacher Programme, please see below for further information on this …
Additional Support Offer - The New Headteacher Programme (NHTP)
An additional support offer has been designed for new headteachers. The programme is for participants at any stage of their NPQH (pre/post/during) or any headteacher in their first 2 years in post. The offer is designed to:
• work alongside NPQH to tackle the high attrition levels of head teachers newly in post
• address well evidenced challenges, allowing head teachers to feel part of a supportive community that fosters confidence, self belief & “perspective”
• enable new head teachers to:
– apply NPQH knowledge & skills to their context
– thrive through building support networks
– sustain themselves using social & psychological resources for leadership
1. Expression of Interest
Please complete our ‘Expression of Interest’ form here:
If you have already completed this form, thank you. Please now see step 2.
Teachers/Leaders (not schools) must register their intention to complete an NPQ via the DfE’s online Service: Register for a National Professional Qualification (education.gov.uk). Please select ‘Education Development Trust’ as your Lead Provider.
An application form will be sent to the individual. This will collect details of the applicant, their school, the NPQ they are intending to complete, their sponsor, and responses to questions that determine eligibility and suitability. This information will be shared with Lambeth Training Support Alliance (LTSA).